這首先要提升自己的心性,把心性擴大到認為世間事沒有任何大不了的。這當然是不容易的事。
例如,我們以所處的地球來說,地球在宇宙中所佔的大小,如果以河邊的沙子做比例,它比任何一粒沙子在整個沙灘中所佔的地位都還不如。如果我們把這個比喻用來看我們人在宇宙中的地位,那更是微不足道了。當我們把心性提升到存著宇宙大小的胸懷來看世間事,就沒有什麼事值得憤怒的了。所以,如何做到不要憤怒才是我們要追求的目標。
I promise myself 自我期許
To be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
讓自己強健得沒有任何事能擾亂我內心的平靜。
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.
對我遇到的人談論健康,快樂,和豐盛。
To make all my friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.
讓我所有的朋友覺得他是個有價值的人。
To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.
正面看待每一件事以及讓我的樂觀成為事實。
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
只想最好的,為最好的而做,以及只期待最好的。
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.
對於他人成就的熱心好比對待自己的一般。
To forget the mistake of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future
忘掉過去的過失轉而專注於努力達成未來更大的成就。
To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature I meet. 臉上永遠掛著愉悅的表情,並送給每個我遇上的生物一個微笑。
To give so much time to improving myself that I have no time to criticize others.
給自己更多時間來改進自己以致於沒有時間去批評他人。
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
讓自己太大以致不憂,太高尚以致不怒,太強健以致不懼以及太高興而能容忍麻煩的存在。
To think well of myself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words, but in great deeds.
想著自己的美好並向世界宣告這個事實,不是大聲的說,代之以高尚的行為。
To live the faith that the whole world is on my side, so long as I am true to the best that is in me.
活在世界與我同在的信念,直到在我身上的美好是那麼的真實。
by CHRISTIAN D. LARSON
英文部分引用自《
http://www.thesecret.tv/visualization-tools.html》The Optimist's Creed